Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Dinner



It was a late dinner on account of Husband having a meeting after work and his daughter having class but it was delicious nonetheless and fairly easy to prepare. Last night I made a simple roast stuffed pork loin with roasted carrots and potatoes. I served it with the summer squash casserole I talked about in a previous post. The dishes went together beautifully and allowed for enough short cuts with the use of prepared ingredients that I wasn't completely wiped out making it after a long day at work. First I butterflied a 2-3 pound pork loin. To make extra room for stuffing I used a "V" shaped cut so I could open the loin kind of like a tri-fold pamphlet. I hope that makes sense. I opened the loin up and laid it flat and spread the inside with a generic boxed pork stuffing that I had prepared and added some shredded carrots to. I though about adding some chopped sauteed apples but then decided that was too much work. LOL! Once the stuffing was spread on the loin, I rolled it up jelly-roll style and tied it up with some twine and put it in an oiled roasting pan. Then I rubbed the loin with some oil, salt, garlic powder and rosemary. Then I surrounded the loin with some cubed carrots and red potatoes that I had tossed in the same oil, salt, garlic and rosemary mixture. I baked the whole thing at 350 for about an hour and let it rest another 20 minutes or so before cutting into it. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment