Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash



Freaking YUM! So easy to make too! I could not wait to get home from work to make this. All day I sat at my computer with visions of sweet potatoes! I took yesterdays leftover corned beef and trimmed off the icky gobs of fat from it and diced it up into nice chunks. Then I peeled and diced up a sweet potato. Raw sweet potatoes are a pain to chop - kind of like butternut squash! I actually tore a callous off in the process. Husband though that was quite funny - "You cook so much you get callouses! Ha ha ha"! Yeah, he's a laugh riot sometimes. SO ANYWAY - I put the diced potato into a saute pan with a couple of table spoons of olive oil and got that cooking while I sliced up a medium sized red onion. I added the onion to the pan along with some chopped garlic and a little salt and pepper and let it saute, giving it a stir every now and then. I didn't want to move it around too much because I wanted to give everything time to crisp up a bit. When the potatoes were almost done I added the corned beef and continued cooking in same fashion. After a few minutes everything was cooked though and nicely browned. I sat down and feasted on the meal that had been on my mind all day. Life is good!

And for your viewing pleasure, a picture of my Daisy doggie because I'll be darned if she isn't just about the cutest thing EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment