Monday, January 17, 2011

Garlic Flavor Cooking Creme Recipe

Well, between a giant snowstorm and a ton of bad news getting dropped on me like a safe, I only found the time and motivation to make one submission to the Philadelphia Cooking Creme contest this week. I have to say that this is my favorite flavor so far, but then I am a garlic junkie so that really comes as no surprise. I am a little disappointed that the other recipe I had in my head never came to fruition but I still have the creme so I can always make it later. Still, I think it would have been a knockout. Maybe I will try to adapt the idea for the Santa Fe variety. We shall see. In any event, the one recipe I did make was quite tasty although I was not entirely happy with how my pie crust turned out. I did everything I was supposed to do keep it from getting soggy but it still came out that way. Oh well, it still tasted good! That's the important thing. Anyway, i now present to you my recipe for Roasted vegetable Pie featuring Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Savory Garlic Flavor:

Roasted Vegetable Pie



1 pie crust
3 tomatoes, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
3 tbsp. of olive oil
2 tsp. of salt
1 egg, beaten
10 ounce(s) of savory garlic flavor cooking creme
1 cup(s) of shredded mozzarella cheese

Steps
1. line a deep pie pan with pie crust, cover with foil and prebake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. let cool after baking
2. Line a parchment lined baking sheet with sliced tomatoes, onion, and zucchini.
3. Drizzle vegetables with oil, season with salt and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool.
4. combine egg and cooking creme in a bowl, mix thoroughly.
5. Layer roasted vegetables in pie crust and top with cooking creme mixture
6. top pie with shredded mozzarella cheese
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Increase temperature to 400 degrees for last 10 minutes to brown top.
let stand 10-20 minutes before serving

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment