Monday, February 4, 2013

Don't bury me, I'm not dead yet!

LOL! I am here! So sorry to have been away. Again, life gets crazy sometimes. On top of that I have been observing a low carb diet in order to shed some pounds so my cooking hasn't been all that interesting. I do have some recipes to share though, and hope to catch up soon. I even have a picture or two! WHOA! First and foremost is my chicken enchilada stuffed peppers. I adore Mexican food so I had to come up with something that would deliver the flavors I crave in a low carb package. I came up with this and I have to say that it satisfied my every craving!

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
(Serves 2)

1 Tbs olive oil
1 red bell pepper, halved, cored and seeded
1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
1/4 c chopped onion
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 Tbs cumin
1/2 Tbs chili powder
Cayenne pepper to taste
salt to taste
1 can prepared enchilada sauce (if you make your own, YAY you!-use it!)
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
OPTIONAL: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado slices and sour cream

Place cored bell peppers in a shallow baking dish, set aside
Heat oil in a saute pan and add onion, green chilies and chicken
Saute and add cumin, chili powder and Cayenne pepper.
Continue sauteing until chicken is fully cooked and onions are soft.
Fill peppers with chicken mixture - pack them full!
Pour enchilada sauce over and around filled peppers
Top with cheddar cheese
bake uncovered at 350 for about 30 minutes or until peppers soften.

Garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado slices and sour cream.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment