Thursday, April 2, 2015

Springtime in my Bowl

Yep, still cold. At least it's sunnier! Still, this 40 degree weather has got to go! It's almost Easter and I still can't put the winter coat away. It's beyond old and I am so done with it! Last night I figured if it doesn't feel like spring outside, it can at least taste like it inside! This recipe features sweet corn ravioli. I buy it in NYC whenever I am there. I first tried it on a whim and now I am totally addicted to it. I think I may try to make it from scratch this summer if I am feeling adventurous. But for now I love knowing that I have an endless supply thanks to Piemonte Ravioli Company! I teamed it up with fresh pencil thin asparagus (in season right NOW!), red bell pepper, broccoli, chicken and some real good feta (Bulgarian sheep milk feta) that my dear mother brought back from the city for me. Thanks mom! Since making this was a last minute decision, I hadn't thawed the chicken out before I left for work. So, I threw the frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with a little water to save me a step when I got home later. The bonus was this left me with the fresh cooking liquid to use in the sauce. It worked out perfectly but you could certainly just chop and saute your chicken on the fly and throw it in. I also meant to put some chopped sun dried tomatoes in this but I totally forgot. Once things got cooking in the kitchen, it came together crazy fast and I totally forgot about them. I'll add them to the leftovers. Yeah, that will be good!

Springtime Ravioli Bowl


1 box sweet corn ravioli, cooked according to directions

 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped

2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic. sliced
1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed
2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large head broccoli florets
1 Cup good feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 C white wine
1 Cup chicken stock
1 Tbs chicken base
Juice of 1 lemon (Always use fresh)
1 Tbs cornstarch mixed with 1/4 C water

Heat olive oil in a large saute pan and add onion. saute until soft. Add red peppers and garlic, continue to saute, add broccoli. When veggies are almost cooked add chicken and wine. Add asparagus. Added chicken stock, lemon juice and chicken base. Stir to combine. Add feta, stir and place lid on pan to finish cooking off veggies. Add the cornstarch mixture to thicken pan liquids. Carefully fold in ravioli. Enjoy!

I REALLY need to work on my photography skills, lol! That picture is terrible but I assure you the food was delicious. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment