Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Summer Classic

POTATO SALAD! Mmmm, i love it! i try not to make it too often because I really have no self discipline when it comes to potatoes and will eat them until I burst! Yesterday I finally got around to making a batch. I had to, really, as the potatoes were starting to grow in my cupboard. So I boiled them the night before and when I got home from work today all I had to do was peel and chop them. Easy Peasy but sticky, LOL! This recipe is a favorite of mine and most people who try it really dig it. I came up with it in college when a friend of mine and I decided to have a cookout but had no idea how to make potato salad. So we called up everyone we knew and asked them how they made theirs. We had a pretty long list of ingredients by the time we were done! Then we went to our respective kitchens to see what on the list was in our cupboards and refrigerators since, as starving college students, we weren't going to buy anything special. This was the end product and I have been making it ever since. Normally I dislike recipes that are product specific but for this one you really do need the right pickles or it just won't taste right. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Erika and Liz's Dilly Potato Salad

5 pounds of potatoes, boiled peeled and diced
1/2 C chopped sweet onion
2-3 Claussen Kosher Dill pickles, chopped
2-3 Tbs pickle juice
1-2C mayo
Salt to taste (Don't be shy)
Generous shake of black pepper
handful of fresh dill, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until incorporated, Chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment