Thursday, August 23, 2012

On the Lighter Side

Wednesdays are my night. Hubby doesn't get home until late, so I get to make whatever I want for dinner. It's all about me - I like that! Another thing I like are avocados - I mean REALLY like! Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family that likes them so I dont eat them very often (sad face). This is partially because most of the things I eat them with only call for a few slices of avocado. The consequence of this is that the rest of the avocado turns into a black disgusting mess in my refrigerator before I get around to using it. Not this time though! I had seen recipes for avocado chicken salad floating around on the internet for some time and, since last night was my night, I finally made some for myself. I accompanied it with some fresh sliced garden tomatoes that I arranged on the plate like a carpaccio. WOW! Talk about a perfect light dinner for a warm end-of-summer night. This is definately going into the Wednesday night rotation!

Tomato Carpaccio with Avocado Chicken Salad

1 ripe avocado
1 can chicken meat or about 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
1 Tbs red onion, copped fine
1 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste
1 fresh, ripe tomato sliced thin

Arrange tomato slices in a layer on a plate, set aside

Place avocado meat in a bowl and mash with a fork
Add onion, cilantro and lemon and stir to combine
Salt to taste
Gently mix in chicken

Place chicken mixture in center of plate on top of tomatoes.

Enjoy!

Quick, simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment