Sunday, November 14, 2021

TV Dinner

 No. not the kind where you remove foil to expose chicken, lol (I am dating myself since they no longer use foil - plastic, plastic everywhere!). I got this recipe from watching TV - Americas Test Kitchen to be specific. I LOE that show and its sister show Cooks county. I saw this recipe and seeing as I had all the ingredients on hand, I made it. Actually the one ingredient I did not have was the whiter wine - I drink red. BUT I subbed with white wine vinegar and I think it was outstanding. 


Chicken Scampi

2 eggs beaten with 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C flour + 1 Tbs 
salt and pepper
2 pounds chicken tenders (I used boneless skinless chicken breast that I cut into strips.)
6 Tbs vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
8 cloves garlic, sliced
1 1/4 C chicken broth
3/4 C white wine (I used white wine vinegar)
4 Tbs butter
2 Tbs parsley

season chicken with salt and pepper, dip in egg and dredge in 3/4 C flour.
Brown chicken  in 2 Tbs oil in skillet on both sides, remove and set aside. This will take 2 batches so wipe of pan in between and add another 2 Tbs oil before second batch
When chicken is done, wipe out skillet and add the last 2 Tbs oil. When hot saute peppers until soft and browned. add garlic and saute until fragrant. Sprinkle 1 Tbs flour over skillet and saute to cook out raw flour flavor. Add wine (or vinegar) to deglaze pan scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, add chicken broth. Lett simmer to reduce to a nice sauce. Add butter and return chicken to the skillet to coat. Serve with bread, salad or over angel hair pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment