Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Holy Crap it's Hot!

Here in New England we are being inundated with the hottest, stickiest most disgusting weather in years. Even though it's raining today there is no relief. It's like a steam bath out there! YUCK! But on the plus side, this weekend we were treated to a wonderful cookout with DH's family. They have a swimming pool and it was perfect! Now, my mother raised me to believe you never come calling empty handed so my contribution to the event was macaroni salad. Now, I have an arsenal of macaroni salad recipes but since I was not sure how adventurous the party goers were I decided to stick with a traditional version. Here it is.

My Traditional Macaroni Salad

1 pound pasta - whatever shape suits your fancy
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C mayo
2-3 Tbs chopped parsley
1 Tbs chopped Dill
1/2 Tbs chopped tarragon
1 tsp celery seed
1-2 Tbs cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

OK, So let me say right off the bat that all these measurements are estimated. You see, I hate washing dishes so I only use measuring cups when I feel I have to. I am an eyeball it and wing it kind of person in the kitchen. Anyway, to save time I also use my food processor to do the chopping for me when I make this. It certainly isn't necessary but I like to save time whenever I can.

So, you cook the pasta in heavily salted water until done the way you like it. Drain and rinse with cold water.

In a large mixing bowl add all the other stuff and mix together. Once cooled and drained add the pasta and gently mix until coated. Adjust the seasonings to taste. That's all there is to it.

I'll try to get a picture up when I think of it. I am not in the habitat of photographing my food. I am usually more concerned with eating it, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment