Italian Tomato Tart (adapted from Proud Italian Cook)
- 9 inch deep fluted tart pan with removable bottom or a deep dish pie pan
- 1 disc pre-made pie crust dough
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/3 cup of grated romano cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- basil and parsley, fresh chopped, 2 tablespoons each
- vine ripened tomatoes, any kind, sliced
- Turn up oven temp to 350 degrees.F.
- Line tart pan with pie crust dough
- Mix ricotta, cheeses, herbs, egg and garlic for the filling then spread evenly onto the crust.
- Place your tomatoes all over,slightly sinking them into the ricotta mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the tomatoes and tart then bake for 30 minutes or until ricotta is set.
- To finish it, I like to place mine under the broiler to get it a nice golden color on top, but if you do that, keep checking and don't walk away from the stove!
- Let it cool a little before slicing.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.