Saturday, December 30, 2023

Dumplin

 Have you seen it? The Jennifer Aniston movie. Very endearing feel-good movie. Speaking of dumplings, I have been hooked on them for weeks now. I found some frozen pork and leek ones at the asian market and get seriously stressed out when I don't have a bag in my freezer. I don't know what is in them, crack maybe?  They come in a very generic looking bag that says Chinese Brand, Made in U.S.A. Chinese Spaghetti Factory. Boston, MA. Anyway, I make this soup with them and will eat it until I am ready to burst.

Erika's Dumpling Soup

1/2 Tbs sesame Oil
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (can use hot water and bouillon)
1 1/2 cup water
2-3 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs dark soy sauce (if you don't have this just add more of the regular stuff)
10-12 frozen pork and leek dumplings ... or more ;^)
1/2 tsp hot chili paste
1 sliced green onion
.
In a medium saucepan heat sesame oil. Add garlic and ginger and het heat to infuse flavors. If you want you can add veggies here as well to get them soft. I often add shredded cabbage. Once fragrant, add stock, water and soy sauces. Adjust seasonings to your tastes adding additional soy sauce of bouillon to get thr salt level where you like it. Bring to a boil and add dumplings. Once broth returns to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer until dumplings are cooked through - about 5 minutes. Still occasionally to ensure dumplings are not sticking t the bottom of the pan. Stir in chili paste to get your desired level of het. Spoon into bowls and garnish with green onion.

Now, I would like to take a little time to rant. I understand other food bloggers are looking to make money off of their blogs but if you provide a jump to recipe button, then I expect to jump to the recipe, not to more ads and another button that says jump to content. It is annoying and misleading and I hate you for it so just f-ing STOP! It's bad enough that I have to wait for all of your other ads to load before the first jump button will work. Stop being so whorish and just give up the damn recipe. Thank you and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment