For the philly cooking creme contest, that is! I had intended on submitting three recipes this week but life being what it is only permitted me enough free time to submit one. It was a good one though! I didn't even have to go out and buy much to make it since most of the ingredients I generally keep on hand. Hope you like it! The winners will be announced some time this week so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I sure could use the cash prize!
Black Bean Green Chili Casserole
1-2 pound(s) of chopped pork tenderloin (can sub ground pork, beef or turkey)
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1 tbsp. of chopped garlic
1 can black beans with cumin and chili spices (Kuner's)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (RoTel)
1 cup(s) of salsa verde
3 large flour tortillas
10 ounce(s) of philadelphia cooking creme, santa fe blend
2 cup(s) of cheddar cheese, shredded
1. saute meat, onions and garlic until browned, drain if necessary
2. add beans, tomatoes and salsa verde to pan, stir and heat through
3. Transfer meat mixture to casserole dish
4. spread cooking creme on half of each tortilla, fold tortilla in half and cut into quarters
5. layer tortilla quarters on top of casserole to cover
6. top casserole with cheddar cheese
7. bake at 350 for 45 minutes
serve hot and enjoy.
Casserole will be soupy so have plenty of extra tortillas on hand for sopping up the liquid! Delicious!