Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year to you!

Well, another year has come and gone - where does the time go! I have to say 2010 wasn't a bad year for me. Certainly better than 2009. I am hoping this upward trend continues, not only for me but for others I know who had a pretty shitty 2010. There are more people on that list than I care to admit. With the start of 2011 also came the start of the recipe submissions for the Philadelphia Cooking Creme recipe contest. After some initial struggling, I finally got my first submission in (YAY). This was a very quick and impromptu concoction, but I have to say, it was delicious. Even my husband who swears up and down that he hates spinach had to admit that it was "pretty f-ing good"! He is so eloquent. No wonder I love him so. LOL!

Spinach and Sopressata Crostini



3 tbsp. of olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 loaf crusty bread
10 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor
10 ounce(s) of chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
1/4 cup(s) of roasted red peppers, chopped
1/2 cup(s) of Hot Sopressata, chopped (can substitute pepperoni, salami or other cured sausage)

Combine olive oil and chopped garlic
slice bread into rounds
brush rounds with garlic and oil mixture and toast lightly under broiler
spread cooking cream onto toasted bread rounds
top cooking creme with a layer of chopped spinach
top spinach layer with a layer of roasted red peppers
top roasted red peppers with chopped sopressata
arrange crostini on a tray and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment