Friday, November 5, 2010

What's the Deal with Cupcakes?

Seriously! I just don't get it. Am I the only one on the planet who thinks that cupcakes freaking suck? I must be seeing as how there are entire TV shows dedicated to them. When I see cupcakes all I think is elementary school party. Of course, you can't even have those anymore on account of the teachers get blamed for all the fat little kids out there. Therefore, it's their job to monitor what they eat to keep them thin while the administrators cut PE from the cirriculum. (I could go on for days about that shit. It's infuriating) But I digress, I realize the benefits of cupcakes in a party situation; they are pre-portioned and easy to eat in hand BUT cupcakes are tedious to make, a pain to transport, and quite frankly, not all that good when compared to a big ol' slab of cake! Just my preference. I'm not saying I never make them. In fact I have a recipe or two that people like so much that they threaten my life if I dare show up to a party without them. Since they are people I care deeply about, I make them without hesitation but, I'll be honest, it's a pain in the ass and I would rather just make a damn cake. None of that piece meal frosting and decorating. I don't have time for that shit. Sorry! Rant over. I'll step off of my soapbox now and get on with my little life. You can't make me like cupcakes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment