Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Iron Foodie Challange - I'm in!

Iron Foodie 2010 | Here's Why that will be me:
MarxFoods.com -- Fine Bulk Foods The Foodie BlogRoll


This should be interesting should I be selected to participate. Foodie blog roll is hosting an "Iron Foodie" Competition and I am trying to get selected to participate. Only 25 people will be awarded that opportunity. I think it will be a really cool way to get my creative grey matter working overtime. I love to cook and come up with new and delicious things to serve those I love but I admit, sometimes I feel like I am treading water so to speak. This contest would really get me to think beyond what is expected to come out of my kitchen. I really hope I get to participate. Here is how it works. If selected, I will receive a box with 8 secret ingredients. I am required to use 3 of the 8 ingredients to create a signature dish. The other 5 ingredients are an extra. I am not sure if using more than three equals extra credit but I suppose that will be explained later. To qualify for selection I must answer the following questions:

Why do you want to compete in this challenge?

See above! I want to be challenged creatively in the kitchen to break away from my everyday routine.

Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?

OMG! The Swedish Chef for sure! Mort, Mort, Mort! I'll even bring my shot gun to help him get the pancakes off of the ceiling. Seriously, I loved the Muppet Show growing up and he was one of my favorite characters. I am not afraid to admit I have Season 2 on DVD and I watch it! Besides, you shouldn't take anything, including cooking, too seriously. You only live once so try to find fun in everything you do.

What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?

Anything chocolate. Both my parents are chocoholics and so I got a double dose of the chocolate loving gene. Thankfully, my husband isn't a big sweets eater so I usually get to help him finish dessert.

Sum your childhood up in one meal.

Roast Eye Round of Beef with spaetzle and corn. This was my favorite dinner growing up as a child. I have many fond childhood memories of my mother making this and me helping her. I was always in charge of fishing out the spaetzle when it was cooked and stirring the gravy. We always had corn because that was pretty much the only vegetable my mom could get me to eat other than salad, which is funny because now I love most vegetables.

The one mainstream food you can’t stand?
Seafood in general. I just don't like it. The fishy taste, the mushy texture. Blech. I love fishing though. Go figure.


So That's that. Keep your fingers crossed that I get selected! There's a lot of competition and in the end, "there can be only one"! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment