Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Party Time

It has been a while hasn't it. What can I say, I've been busy with all sorts of life things. I have been cooking but just haven't had the time or motivation to write about it. Now, I have all these photos of stuff that I made but can't remember how I made it, lol. Except for this one. This is the easiest appetizer recipe on the planet. It sort of looks nice when you first serve it. It tastes good, too. It is filling and easy to eat and sure to be a hit while watching sports and drinking beer. Give it a try!



Chili Cheese Pigs in Blankets Pigs in Life Jackets
1 package mini hot dogs
2 tubes crescent rolls
1 can Hormel chili - no beans
1 block cream cheese
2 Cups cheddar cheese, divided

Open crescent rolls and cut each dough triangle into thirds.
Wrap each piece of dough around a mini hot dog.
Arrange wrapped hot dogs around the edge of a pie plate

In a medium sauce pan, heat chili, cream cheese, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese until cheeses are completely melted. Pour mixture into center of the pie plate and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes until crescent rolls are cooked. Serve hot.

UPDATE: I decided to rename these, "Pigs in Life Jackets" because that is what they sort of look like to me. At first I thought they looked like "Pigs at the Trough" with their little piggy butts sticking up. Then I realized nobody wants to think about a pigs ass while they are eating, so I canned than idea. Upon further contemplation, I thought if they were turned around then there would be piggy heads peeking out instead of butts. Much better, but now they were drowning in chili cheese dip and we can't have that. Good thing they have life jackets on so they won't drown before we eat them! So, now they are and forever will be referred to as, "Pigs in Life Jackets".

No comments:

Post a Comment