Friday, March 9, 2012

And Now for Something Completely Different!

As we all know, I have been trying to maintain healthy eating habits in an effort to shed a few winter pounds before swimsuit season comes around. While I am not sure if I lost anything noticeable, I sure do feel good about myself for how well I am doing. BUT I have been running out of lighter fare ideas for dinner. So, last night I tried something new. This recipe for Roasted Vegetable Pasta came from the blog Stacey Snacks and I have to say that I really like the way this lady cooks! Most everything looks delicious and relatively healthy. She uses a lot of balsamic vinegar which is what had me concerned about making this. I was afraid it would have that vinegar tang reminiscent of salad dressing. To my surprise the roasting process of this recipe sweetened the vinegar and there was nary a tang to be tasted. It was FABULOUS!! So much so that I probably ruined my diet by eating TWO bowls of the stuff. I just couldn't get enough of it! The only variations I made were that I subbed broccoli and zucchini for the cauliflower and brussel sprouts and towards the end of the roasting time I added some cubed, skinless chicken breast to the pan with the tomatoes. I also omitted the peas. SO YUMMY! It was even good cold this morning! I encourage everyone to try it! Just click on the recipe name above to be transported to her recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment