Friday, July 9, 2010

The Best Way to Start Summer - Hot Dogs and Mermaids!



So lets catch up on some stuff. A few weeks ago I went to my all time absolute most favorite event to kick off the summer - The Coney Island Mermaid Parade! This annual display of freakish mayem is something I look forward to with giddy delight every year. Of course, while there I had to indulge with an Original Nathan's Hot Dog which I happily scarfed down on the boardwalk. HAPPINESS IS! I prefer mine with sauted onions and peppers. So good! of course such a hot dog for breakfast probably wasn't the best idea since I kind of carried it with me for quite a while - I'm sure this had nothing to do with the raging hangover I was also carrying, LOL! But It was breakfast or nothing since I knew the lines would be outrageous later in the day.



Next we were off to the Freak Bar to indulge in some Coney Island Craft Beers. Let me tell you, on the surface these may seem like a novelty but this is some serious beer folks! Being that the following Sunday was Father's Day, I picked up a sampler 12-pack for my Dad. He LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment