Thursday, July 8, 2010

And I am off.

OK. I need to share something with you right off the bat. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing right now. Seriously. I am from that generation that fell through the computer gap. I mean we had a computer at my high school. I remember it was big and coveted by all of the teachers who let us know, in no uncertain terms, that we would be in deep shit if we even thought about touching it. Computer education was about knowing the difference between a bit and a byte and a nanosecond and a millisecond. We never actually used a computer. They we much too expensive to be trusted in the hands of a bunch of unruly teenagers. So, everything I know about computers I learned in college by watching the younger students who actually knew what they were doing. Cut and Paste feature was quite a revelation, let me tell you! But this old dog learns new tricks all the time so I expect things to start looking more savvy over time. Just how much time remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment